I love to write, but don't. That's about to change.
My head is a bee-hive and this blog is my new field full of flowers - I'm out to pollenate! Wait, that sounds weird...

Thursday, February 10, 2011

I'm Just ME

Last year my brother-in-law, Benny, asked Naiya if she was a princess. We often ask her something to that effect, "Are you my princess?"


On this particular occasion, instead of a cute and expected "Yes", Naiya told Tío Benny, "No." He inquired, "Oh, what are you then?" And to his amusement her response was, "I'm a super hero!"

Of course we all got a chuckle out of that. So, the questions persist, and we never know what response we'll get:

"Naiya, are you silly?"
"No."
"What are you then?"
"I'm a princess!"

But my favorite, is one of her most standard answers:

"Naiya, are you a princess?"
"No."
"Are you a super hero?"
"No."
"Then what are you?"
Emphatically, "I'm JUST Naiya."


I love it!

How many of us can say with confidence, "I AM a princess." or "I AM a super hero." ?  And an even better question, how many of us can put aside the desire to be so many great things and with pride say, "I'm just ME!"?

1 comment: